Wednesday, April 30, 2008

THIS is American Idol

So, I have been quiet lately because I am pretty freaking busy. As busy as I've been, I can't match the productivity of a couple of my friends. Let me tell you about them.

First, allow me to introduce you to a girl who is trying to save the world with plastic bags. Kristin Jordan is a fancy pants lawyer in New York City by day and a eco-crusader in her spare time. A year or so ago, Kristin IM'd me asking if I knew of any patterns for bags knit from recycled plastic grocery bags. I gave her a link or two and went on with my day. Not long after that, she IM'd me asking if I had any suggestions for marketing her new line of handbags. Knowing nothing about marketing, I suggested she talk to the most amazing self promoter I have ever met, Ms. Vickie (see below). Fast forward to last week and I get an email from my sister-in-law who first introduced me to Krisitn. It contained a link to a news segment on Kristin and her bags.



There is also an article in The Daily News and several other publications.

So, yes, I hate her for being so freaking smart and crafty and industrious! But, she is doing good work. See for yourself at her website Daisy's Bags.

Now, Kristin isn't alone in her crafty goodness. The aforementioned uber-self-promoter, Vickie Howell, has a new book out and it seems to be a great little MUST HAVE for all of you needlers.

While I haven't put my grubby little hands on the actual book, the video below is proof that I need to get myself a copy ASAP.



So, yeah, I am feeling like a serious slacker.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. M...
As they say in journalism, way to bury the lead!
I didn't know you had a blog. Here I am going on about mine...blah, blah, blah, and this whole time you have one and are mum about it.
I have been sitting here this morning, sipping my coffee and reading your blog and now, I am going to be late getting my kid to school, because I've been enjoying it so much!
You are a funny writer and I feel like I'm sitting her having a conversation with you!
Anyway...thanks for the lovely comment on my blog as well, I appreciate the support. Oh, and that dish really is yummy (and healthy which doesn't hurt).
talk to you soon...
E (how's the job hunt going?)

7:18 AM, May 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...